Saturday 25 January 2014

Thinking Ahead...

So, thinking ahead to my costuming goals for this year & the HSF challenges...
  • #2: Innovation - due Sat 1 Feb.  I'm really struggling with this one...it's not that there weren't innovative things happening in the time periods I'm interested in, but more that I am stuck for ideas. And I'm running out of time...
  • #3: Pink - due Sat 15 Feb.  This one is much easier to thing about!  I have some lovely blush pink cotton lawn that is anxious to become a Chemise a la Reine.  I've done some research - while white seems pretty popular for a Chemise dress, they are seen in both artwork and fashion plates to come in other colours.  So, I think this is a full speed ahead! 
  • #4: Under it All – due Sat 1 March.  Also an easy pick...I need to finish my own set of Regency stays. I have a mock up set half completed, and have set them aside for nearly a year.  I can do this!
  • #5: Bodice - due Sat 15 March.   I have a couple of options:  regency spencer jacket, or a short gown.  Both would help with future events this summer...
  • #6: Fairytale – due Tue 1 April.  I don't really want to work on a princess-style outfit.  My point of inspiration right now is Black Forest region and my research is looking into Bavarian fashion and style from 1820s to 1850s.  

No comments:

Post a Comment